Cheers to 2013!

Annual International Fireworks Competition Show in Macau

2013 is the year where I am determined to finally pursue my passions outside of corporate America which mostly involve me being hunched over my iMac furiously meeting deadlines, working late hours/weekends, etc.


To be able to share my love of fashion, great advertising, branding campaigns, and of course my art. I have decided to come out of the closet about my inner secret for art. Ever since high school, being raised by fairly conservative, traditional parents, I never fully pursued my passion for art – illustrations, paintings to the fullest extent. It has always been one of those things on the back of my mind that I loved but thought I would never be able to fully make a living off of. Hence, my entry into corporate America straight out of college graduation. To my credit, I decided not to pursue a finance career as seeing how I had a business background.
Instead, I entered into the glorious and deceiving world of advertising – working just as many hours as my recently matriculated finance-educated friends but without the incredible pay to live a “high-rolling” lifestyle. But I love what I do.
I love advertising. I love branding. Smart branding and copy-writing and messaging is something that very few campaigns have nowadays.
So as my 2013 began with a bit of a flu bug and consumption of Vitamin C, I will leave you all with one of the funniest print advertorials I saw in the past month. Definitely gave me a chuckle and made me do a double-take. Simple, witty and smart. Cheers! :)

No comments